VISION: Eliminating all disparities in employment and wealth for African-American adults and youth
MISSION: Harriet’s Daughters is a group of professional women working collectively with peer organizations to advocate for, create and support policies and processes that secure employment and wealth creation opportunities for African-American communities.
CORE VALUES: Harriet’s Daughters fundamentally believes in:
- Fair access to, and equal outcomes in, employment and economic development opportunity;
- Living wages and worker benefits;
- Sufficient and sustainable investments in worker training and placement;
- Sufficient and sustainable investments in diversifying management, C-suite leadership and board governance;
- Cross-cultural competence and respect;
- Summer employment and long-term college and career mentoring for youth;
- Financial literacy education to enhance understanding of how to create wealth and how to manage income.
Deborah H. Telman
Sophia Dorsey King
Adrienne B. Pitts